Thursday, October 11, 2012

Prepping for the Mini-Vacation

     Well I am finally getting a early break in the 8 months of tourtue I have gone through. It will be nice to get away for a few days and try to relax, notice I said try. One of my routines is to function check and clean my travel partners.

 
 
     My 23 is always on my side, even in the shower{Just Kidding}. The other is my Kel-Tec Sub 2000 in Glock 40. I love this gun and would highly recommend it if you can find one, they are hard to come by. Even Stephen has one, but in 9mm. Of course the wife, JUGM has her 26 with her and I also hide two more among my person, Taurus TCP in .380 and an old 2 shot Derringer that Stephen sold me years ago in .22 Mag. Sorry, I am about Force Protection, and the force being my family. DTOM!!!
 
     Hope everyone has good friday and following weekend. I will have my laptop with me so I may make a post, have school crap to do, go figure right.
 
Senior

8 comments:

  1. Hey, the checked bounced on the .22 - drop the cash by tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Senior, did you replace the front sight on your Kel-tec? My F-I-L has one(which really means I shoot it and clean it), but the front sight ran out of adjustment before zero. I found a web site called red lion that makes after market sights and wanted to try one(metal-all metal, baby)but am looking for other opinions. It is a fun gun to shoot, a pain to clean, but still really handy. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it still is the factory sight. I haven't had any issues with it. It shoots straight and true. I did notice before buying it that others were talking about issues with the front sights. I dont prefer this factory, may look into changing it out. Thanks for the head's up on Red Lion. Also, yes it is a pain to clean, especially the receiver. I sure don't want to strip it all the way down to clean it, sure don't want to void the lifetime warranty either. I do the best I can when cleaning it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, prep (or as we used to call it, PMS) is important! Enjoy the break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NFO, I actually engoy prepping. Some people my think I am crazy to the extent I do it. Well guess what, we will see how crazy I get when they show up begging for food and they have a Battle Rifle in their face. "Piss-Poor-Planning on their parts doesn't constitue crisis management on my part"

    ReplyDelete