Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Election Day Fog

    As of late, the reports are flying around that many Democratic supporters plan to riot if their guy doesn't win the Presidential election. Now, I keep playing these articles back in my head and try to analyze the motives behind doing such a stupid reaction to an election. Really, do you think that is going to change the outcome? You think by throwing a Temper Tantrum like a 5 year old, the American voters will all of a sudden say, "we will change our mind so you will stop tearing stuff up" Uhh, no, don't think that is going to happen. I have many things I want to say to all of his supporters, but I do not want to get ahead of myself, just in case there is massive voter fraud. I will wait till that night when the results are in before I go any further.
     Now, back to the riots. The past week I have been analyzing my house, immediate surroundings, logistics, gear, neighbors, etc, etc, etc. I have read blogs where some very good people are bringing up items and thoughts of considerations that have slipped my mind. Even though I haven't commented on your blogs, I want to say BZ to you for bringing it up. I don't know how I feel right now. Maybe anxious, disappointed, nervous, content, or ashamed that our country has come to this; however I look back at the way our society is in 2012, you should expect this idiotic rhetoric in this day and age.
    I began reading Sun Tzu some years ago and periodically pick up The Art of War . I like to refresh on some of his writings. Some people may read this and say, why would a Senior Chief bother reading this. Well, my career is littered with accolades. I don't know how many times I was asked, "you should go LDO", you should go CWO." I always answered no. The reason, my guys, I am all about Deck-Plate Leadership, being on the deck plates with my guys. My last ship I was on, I was qualified as a Tactical Action Officer, along with 2 LCDR's and one LT(Mustang), and that was as a Chief, not a Senior Chief. If you take the time to read his writings, you will understand he was well before his time, well that is my opinion. If you are in a position of leadership that plans tactically and operationally, with weapons release authority, you can learn from his writings. There are people who discount my abilities, you know what, so be it. I will be the last one standing, not you.
     Well I will be waiting for the results of the presidential election, if the riots happen, it happens. It's beyond my control, but mark my words, YOU BETTER STAY AWAY FROM ME AND MY FAMILY! I will leave you with this quote from Sun Tzu:

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate."

Senior

2 comments:

  1. Papa Bear and I worry too. I worry for our family spread out from here to Texas and from here to the Carolina's. We warned them several years ago of the tide that is coming but since it didn't happen in a week or two they pretty well think of us as "kooks"...LOL I thank God we have had several years to prepare for things that I know is coming. We are very self reliant now. It feels really good that I don't have to go to town unless it is for an extravagance and not anything I have to have. We can make do with everything we have right here,right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Papa Bear are exceptional from the rest of society. You have read the events that have happened, or predicted to happen and are planning to make it through whatever comes next. You are among many people who think the same way as you both do. All us Kooks will make it through together.

    ReplyDelete