Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Smith & Wesson, An American Company

     A couple of months ago, when I was at the local gun range with an employee who had never shot a handgun in his life. Now, picture him as a "cornbread country boy from North Carolina". Hunting rifle and shotguns YES, handguns NO!!! His first time shooting a handgun, I didn't want to scare him with a 1911, or a snub nose Ruger SP101 in .357. I break out my old trusty and true S&W Model 22a. I have had this gun for almost 10 years, with many rounds down the tube. I also brought some black rifles to start off with and of course, he is now hooked on them.
 
    We proceed to the 22A, and after 6 rounds, the hammer goes click, no boom. I take control of the pistol and try again with a new round, same results. I pull the mag, do a function check, reinsert the mag and try again with same results. I go ahead and call a cold range and we pack up and head home. If anyone who knows me personally, I am a gun-cleaning freak. Once they are exercised, I give them a nice cleaning and put them up until their next workout. So once home, I break the pistol apart and start cleaning. I examine the slide and notice right off what the problem was, a broken firing pin. First thing I thought of was trying to find a new pin to replace the broken on. Well that was an impossible task, even with the Internet and the S&W site. I conducted a search of the Net and found that others have had similar problems and have sent their pistols back to S&W and they repaired them, even when they were out of warranty.

     I make a call to S&W and talk to a CSR, he asks a few questions and I tell him what happened and explain that the pistol is way out of warranty and wanted to know if it would be cheaper to scrap it and buy a new on or repair it. He asked me if I was the original owner and I said yes, and had documentation to prove it. Well he got my contact information, sent me a pre-paid Fed-Ex shipping label with instructions to send it back to fix it. So I did sent it back.

   Yesterday I got the gun back and took it to the range and it functioned just like it was new and didn't cost me one penny. I have not been a fan of most S&W pistols, except for the Model 22a, that's my training partner. I am VERY IMPRESSED with S&W customer service and their commitment to their products. I would like to express my appreciation to S&W for being an "ALL AMERICAN COMPANY" and standing behind your firearms. Thank you S&W!!!!!!

 
 
BTW, at the last Anti-Brady Campaign Event, I picked up a Mosin.
 
 
 
Senior



10 comments:

  1. I always try to support American companies when I can, but it seems to get harder and harder nowadays. This is especially true with guns and anything prep related...Keep Right On.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks K. I try to as well, but like you said, it is hard to find stuff that is made here.

      Delete
  2. I am glad to have the S & W back..I like plinking away with it... and don't you mean JUGMS Mosin? ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need another Mosin. I only have 2...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TCA, yes I would like to get a few more. Also good to have more than not enough.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad to hear that S&W did the right thing and fixed your gun for you. It looks like a nice little trainer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes GG, I was impressed with S&W. It is a fun little gun. I always like using it to warm up before moving on to other handgun.

      Delete
  5. They are not government employees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, if they were, I probably would have never seen it again.

      Delete