Saturday, September 1, 2012

Knock, Knock, Knock. ENTER!!!!!!!



Knock, Knock, Knock.

ENTER!!!!

"Senior, is the Command Master Chief in the Mess"

My Answer, "Do you see him?"

As the young sailor looses his exhileration, departing and closing the door to the Mess, I grin and walk to the lounge, Hey "Ken", Seaman Timmy was looking for you. "Did he say what he wanted?"

My answer, "I'm not your DAMN answering service, get your #$% up off the couch and go find out for yourself."

God I miss those days. By far, the most enjoyable part of my Naval Career was entering the hallow ranks of Naval Senior Enlisted Leadership. The Chief's Mess, our own secret world where what was said and done in the Mess, STAYED in the mess. I have so many stories and happenings that have taken place in our world, of course, I will never devulge them to anyone who is not or even been a chief. In my 20 year career, I spent almost half of it in there.

The Chiefs Mess provides the muscle for making anything, and I mean anything in the Navy happen. We are the technical experts in our ratings, when there is a question or issue that needs to be solved, well by god, ASK THE CHIEF! I had one Ensign from the Naval Academy, my division officer who wanted to test my answer to his problem, well he paid for it and fell on his face in front of the Commanding Officer. Well lets just say I got a humble apology from him. That incident made for good conversation in the mess that night while playing poker.

The main mission of the Chiefs Mess is to uphold, maintain, keep, and pass on all the Naval traditions that this great country has made.

Now, lets get to about me. I have thrown the thought around about starting a blog. Well with my wife, (JUGM) and a few friends (Stephen and Duke) having their own blogs, I said, "What the hell, why not". If anybody reads it or not, that's up to the individual readers, AKA FREEDOM!!!. Hell, I have managed to tick-off hundreds of people on Social media sites so what do I care. I speak my mind, period.

I am an Independent with constitutional views, so hopefully that will give all in the blogisphere and idea about me. Disclaimer, If you disagree with my views, well by-god, go watch CNN or MSNBC.

I do have hobbies, who doesn't. My hobbies may be weird to some but they include, Firearms, Ammunition, Food Storage, Survivorist Activities, My wife, My children, My group of close friends, Outdoorsman type activities, and MY COUNTRY!!!!

I have had this mind-set for quite awhile. I really have doubts at how the United States has become and where it is going , thanks to the District of Corruption. My current mission is to make sure my family is safe, and with my close friends, I have no doubt about it. We have all been preparing for quite some time and we are very confident about what we have done.

There may be some times when I will be unable to post or reply in a timely manner, so please bear with me. I have quite a bit on my plate as a small business owner and work my butt off so others dont, college student, Neighborhood Enforcer, husband, and father.

I look forward to all who humbly read what I have on my mind and look forward to conversing with you all.


Senior



37 comments:

  1. It is about time you entered the blogisphere! Welcome aboard....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so it begins. Well done, Senior. Proud to call you my friend. I shall link you at my place and send as many others as possible. Your six is covered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about it today as we were at shooter steve's function and like i said, what the hell, why not. We are all friends and family til the end, you know where i am going with that. Thanks for everything brother.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to your opinions, comments & musings...
    Welcome to the world of bloggers.

    TBG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you TBG for your kind welcome. Think this blogisphere ride will be a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veteran of Ronald Reagan's Navy here, Senior Chief. Looking forward to reading your stuff. Stephen pointed you out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bob, yes I managed to start my career just before he left office, even though short lived I wish I could have spent my career with him as my CINC.

      Delete
  6. Welcome to blogging, and I look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me welcome you and wish you the very best. You are cordially invited to come on over and join my blog as I have yours. Need all the veterans sounding off we can get. welcome chief. the rat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rat for the welcome and invite. I will surely stop by

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you got things to say I'd like to hear. Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DDC,hope I keep this blog interesting.

      Delete
  9. i am very glad that you have joined the blogging world Senior! we haven't officially met, although i am good friends with your wife, Stephen and Duke! i'm a hundred million miles from all of you but that doesn't mean that i don't count all of you as friends and will do whatever i can to help my friends out! another good friend is the mohave rat above - oh doesn't he put me in fits of laughter on a regular basis!!! make sure to check him out!

    your new friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have been well informed about you by the other three, ha ha ha. I know where you are and have been to your area before, and stumbled thru the numerous adult establishments. Looking forward to conversing with you.

      Delete
    2. then you have been duly warned - bahahahahah! do you mean that you have been to Halifax? they have lots of adult establishments there...which is on the mainland of Nova Scotia. we are on an island to the north of the mainland called Cape Breton Island. we don't have many adult establishments on the island...there's only a few in Sydney which is our only city on the island.

      i am really looking forward to more posts from you and conversing with you. i figure anyone who is smart enough to marry JUGM is someone that i want to become friends with!

      your friend,
      kymber

      Delete
  10. Welcome to the club, squidly.

    I'll try to drop by as often as I can to give you s*** for not joining the Air Force.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha, always up for some "Military Smack" talk. Looking forward to it MSGT B.

      Delete
  11. Welcome Senior. I would like to see a full report on the 300 Blackout soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, now we can both talk trash about Stephen.

      Delete
    2. Yes we can talk about stephen on here, that will be fun. When I order some 300 blackout ammo tonight, I will make sure I can shoot it at the indoor range and get that published soon.

      Delete
    3. Be careful, Boys, pick your fights well and with care. I'm sneaky you know...

      Delete
  12. Welcome to the blogging world. I look forward to getting to know you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GG for stopping by. Looking forward as well

      Delete
  13. This should be good... :-) Obviously you weren't an airdale, we didn't have the fancy doors! Welcome and looking forward to your insights!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't have the pleasure of calling myself a "Brown Shoe". The closest I got to that world was staff duty onboard a "Bird Farm" and playing with P-3's from time to time on "Link". Thank you for your service to this country shipmate!! Look forward to hearing from you. Atleast you are a Mustang.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, for my sins...LOL Found out I'd made Chief two weeks after I was comissioned... And the Black Shoe Navy DID look at things quite a bit differently than we did! :-)

      Delete
    3. I actually considered going in the CWO program, but I had problems with not being on the deckplates with my guys working along side them. Also had many years of observing the Wardrooms and how they acted, I decided to stay with the grown-ups.

      Delete
  14. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I'll forgive you for being a swabby. J/k. I was a Marine during the Nixon and Ford years. I'll be adding you to my daily read and to my links. Semper Fi, or is that Anchors Aweigh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the end, we all are part of the greatest fighting force that has marched, sailed, or flown the world. Thanks for the welcome.

      Delete
  15. Ya wanna be a blogger? Ya gots to blog. Tell us a sea story, write somethin' political, tell us about your guns...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont worry, I have much to write about. Will post a small video tonight about one of my all time favorite guns.

      Delete
  16. hey, some crazy lady with a glock told me to come by here, so here I am, lol bookmarked you and looking forward to your blogs, old squid here, USS Tullibee SSN 597, and like you I miss those days young and dumb and full of wellllll you know lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard Shipmate!! I managed to spend 2 years at Historic Ship Nautilus in Groton, CT. Had good times up there. Yes, I made her crazy along with a few friends(Stephen, Duke, Pirate Jim, Rebel and Shooter Steve), now she is reborn into a sharpshooter.

      Delete
  17. Found my way here via Stephen. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete