Sunday, October 28, 2012

Calm before the storm

    As I sit here tonight, I keep visualizing what I feel will happen in the Northeast tomorrow as Hurricane Sandy comes ashore and damage that will occur after landfall. I have been through many storms throughout my life but I cant recall anything that is predicted to be this bad. As a prepper, I feel for all the people who are going to have some bad days ahead. Even if you have enough for one week, well you may be far better off than the majority of people in this region. There will be a breakdown in basic services. Electricity, Water, and Sewer will all be effected. I also feel that there will be overflows and cross contamination from the sewer systems, also all the waste that is pumped offshore in the northeast. Hate to say, but it may come washing back on them.
   
     The population in this area is also a concern. When Katrina hit New Orleans, you only had one metropolitan area to be concerned with in regards to a direct hit, here you have D.C, Philly, New York, Newark, Boston, Baltimore, millions of people who are about to see why prepping is important, and not something to laugh at when you watch DOOMSDAY PREPPERS. There will be a breakdown in law enforcement in areas. I expect there will be violence, especially in metro areas. We all know, when families get hungry, then tensions rise and your friends are not your friends anymore. Of course the governments have restricted their citizens in their right to protect themselves, so this will not help them. I am sure there are a few citizens who will take all measures to protect themselves from caches they have.
    
     Do I hope everyone makes it through this storm unscathed, YES I DO!!!! I don't wish storms on people, especially when you have several weather systems colliding. All I can do from here is pray for everyone up there and I hope you make it through safe. Stay Safe Folks and fellow bloggers, sound the call if you need help.

 
 
Senior


8 comments:

  1. I'll let you know if I run out of beer or ice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll agree that I hope no one is seriously harmed by this, but I wouldn't mind seeing the U.N. building leveled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would too like to see that, but since the U.S. funds the whole crony organization, I don't want the national debt to go up any further for this worthless, corrupt organization. The sight would be great to see though....

      Delete
  3. I don't understand why people don't take this stuff seriously. This is going to be bad by all accounts. Hope people behave intelligently when needed. the rat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they will after this storm. Uhh, no they wont.

      Delete
  4. I'll let you know how it goes (while I have power)

    ReplyDelete