Friday, November 16, 2012

Safe is here and in its new home

    As my previous post stated, I stopped by a business that was built by hard working people and have managed to stay open now for 34 years. I only stopped by to look at a safe on my way to school last night. Well, I left buying a safe and having it delivered today with the Accessory Door Pocket Panel (149.99), Upgraded electronic S&G lock (169.99), and floor anchoring kit (25.00) for 50.00 less than an Outdoor Retail Mega-Store here with their Base-Model. See, it pays to shop at the Mom&Pop businesses instead of those Metro-Sexual Sporting goods stores.

     I have always been a combo guy, hell I don't know how many times I have opened a S&G combo lock in a 20 year Naval career. After many questions to the business, I would give it a try. If I don't like it or have problems, they said they could switch it back to a tumbler lock. We shall see. Here are pics of the old safe.

 

The new safe.


 
 
 
    After 3 hours of moving stuff over, rearranging the safe 2 times, everything is now home and in their place. My girls are able to rest until they are called upon, but they did enjoy being held and touched.
 
Senior

 


 


7 comments:

  1. That looks great - great purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just make sure JUGM doesn't use the old safe as your dog house...;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, sorry buddy, I'm too stocky to fit in there. You know what they say, one who ends up in the dog house at night wakes up in the cat house in the morning, LOL.

      Delete
  3. Oooo....it's beautiful!

    We're holding off on a safe for now. I had an old POS that I'm giving to my brother, as we've outgrown it. We live on the second floor of an old brick building and the only way to get a GOOD safe up there would be to kill ourselves or hire other people to kill themselves. And, frankly, I'm not sure that the floor would hold the safe I want. It might end up in the downstairs apartment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about putting the new safe on my work trailer and bringing it to the house, but I changed my mind after thinking about renting a dolly, buy tie-downs for my enclosed trailer, and the time to anchor it to the floor, I said the hell with it and paid the extra $200.

      Delete