Sunday, November 11, 2012

Crappy Weekend

    The weekend started off with a trip to the VA for a physical and leaving with a tetanus and Flu shot on Friday. I woke up Saturday feeling like crap from the shots, but I sucked up the man-hood and went for a long drive to a good Flea Market with the family. I don't like them going long distances without me. Of course I didn't find what I was searching for so that just made the day go worse. After walking around for about and hour, I was ready to go.

    Once back home, I headed straight to bed. I had a fever and body aches from the Flu shot, arm was killing me from the tetanus shot. I was not in a mood to be messed with. After a 3 hour nap, I finally got up. If I didn't, I would have been wide awake at midnight and not able to go back to sleep. Watched College football til around 2300, then went of to bed.

    Today of course is Veterans Day. With the past election and the direction we are going, I wonder if it was even worth serving for 20 years, for what, this crap? Even though I am disgusted with the events of this past week have gone, I would like to thank all veterans for their service. I have also had plans to re-paint the exterior of my house for a month or so now. Today was the first coat of paint. Took around 5 hours to accomplish. Second round will be tomorrow.

     Today I also had my weekly conversation with my dad. A few years ago, he had most of his Colon taken out, only to the point of where he is not on a bag and can still function. He has had a issue with a hernia, and damn-it, I hate this age group. I have been telling him for quite awhile to go and get it checked out. Well now he has an appointment tomorrow with the doctor, FINALLY!!! so who knows what will happen based on the fact he waited so long. Surgery, more than likely, soon, probably. Will I have to drop everything with my business and push a 60 yard mulch job another week, PROBABLY!!!! BTW, 60 yards of mulch is over half of a Semi-Trailer. Also, I have school so I will have to make a 6 hour trip up there, turn around and 6 hours back for school. Following morning, 6 hours back up there since of my sorry-A$$ relatives up there are reliable nor want to help. Don't misunderstand me, I love my father to death, he's all I have left but when you try to help and it falls on deaf-ears until it gets to a point, then I get aggravated.

      Sorry for venting, just tired and aggravated with the BS.

Senior

8 comments:

  1. Hey brother, sometimes it may not seem worth it but when we lay our head down at night we know deep down we stood tall and did our duty to the best of our ability. Whatever else happens, it's not our fault.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, sorry you had a crappy weekend. Everything is more stressful when your sick. It's good to vent from time to time.

    Hopefully the news on your dad will be better than expected. Hoping the week is a better one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Duke said. You can only be responsible for what you yourself can do; sometimes it sucks to be the "responsible" one. But it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Rev, I feel like I need to do more since I am all he has.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, +1 on Duke, and thanks for your service. But that also instilled the responsibility in all of us, which is why we do the things like this that others wont...

    ReplyDelete