Sunday, February 17, 2013

As the world rotates, I ponder just a bit.

     I know it has been a few days since my last post, and I apologize for that. Seems I now have one more thing on my plate, an assistant coach for a Little League Minor Division Team, ah hell more like the actual coach since the other 3 coaches only know football and don't know one thing about baseball. Well I do have the qualifications for it, I played all positions except catcher, (I'm bat-blind) in T-Ball, Little League, Minor and Senior Division, American Legion, and 20 years in Military Softball with 2 Base Championships. I don't know how many times I have looked back on my childhood and wonder, where would I be right now if I stuck with baseball, maybe a retired major leaguer, who knows. Instead, I grew my hair half-way down my back, played bass guitar, and smoked Marijuana. Well life does provide you with many roads and mine lead me to the Navy for a very successful career serving the United States and its people. What else could I have done, maybe hopped up on steroids and making millions? Hell, I will take the Navy before that.

     As most of you know from my better half's blog, we had a death in the family. Our 16 yr plus washing machine finally took its last spin and dropped dead of a massive stroke. R.I.P Kenmore... Well this past weekend I have more frequent flyer miles than my brother in law, just driving around this metropolis in north Florida. Well finally we went to a SEARS and found our new family member. Hated spending the $534.00 but that was a need and not a want. Luckily JUGM was going through the mail and found a refund check before she shredded it from GMAC for over $1300 since they estimated our insurance and property taxes at $2000 a year, when they were actually $1400 and some change, we got a nice refund from the past two years. Don't things seem to work out?

     As Stephen has mentioned on his blog, we have a camp out this month, a gathering of the whole klan, Stephen, Duke, Shooter Steve and maybe his Glock Armorer friend, Pirate Jim, Rebel, and of course, your trully. We plan on doing more work out at the NEST, enjoy some great company and food, talk about all of you and shoot some lead downrange. I will be loading up some 300 Blackout his week to take out there and shred some stuff with it. I sent Stephen a nice text tonight to let him know to enjoy the cold weather now, the extended forecast has us back in the 70's and 80's this weekend. I know he was cursing in his response. There is also a chance that we will have some rain over the weekend too. I will be nice and comfy sleeping in my hennessey hammock and Modular Sleep System.

 
    Thursday of this week, I was lucky to get to CHINA-MART and get oil for my mowers before I do spring maintenance on them and wondered to the ammo isle, and by-golly they had .22LR. They had 6 boxes of Federal Match in 325 round packs. Just as I stare at them, 2 other guys walk up. We had a small discussion and we split the 6 boxes, while the other two guys got .40 and 38 ammo. CHINA-MART would only allow 3 boxes per customer, so I didn't want to feel like a hoarder, but if I had my chance with no limit, I would have bought all of them.
 
    Just like routine, had my weekly phone call with my dad. I definitely picked the wrong weekend to take him wood since they had their first snowfall of the year and missed a great opportunity to take the boys to see and feel snow for the first time. Oh well, they will see it sooner or later and after they have been in it for 30 mins or so, they will begin to hate it when their finger and toes start to get cold and wet. Aint parenting great when kids don't take your advise? They will learn just like I did, the hard way and get PHD's from the school of Hard Knocks.
 
Well it's gettting late, have a few more things to do before heading off to count sheep. I would like to thank everyone who stops by to read my thoughts and rants, even when there are breaks in my posts. After all, I am a small business owner, father of two crazy boys, husband of JUGM, full time accelerated college student, now, litte league coach and member of a group of guys who can rule the world. Til next time......
 
Senior
 
 
 
 



5 comments:

  1. Guess I'll pray for rain, after the fire dies and I'm in my bag. Don't forget my lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it does rain so i can get a good nights sleep. No, dont forget my lunch and dinner, you owe me or you can dig through dukes bag and get me a nice gift. That would work too.

      Delete
  2. Thank God we got the new washer....now your buck skin loin cloth will be nice and clean for your campout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting the campfire secret out the bag. I was going to do a rain dance for the guys that night.

      Delete
  3. LOL, not like you're bored, right??? :-) Hang in there with the boys, and patience; especially on the fielding!!!

    ReplyDelete