Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Sorry for my absence

         
    I know it has been a awhile since I have done a post and there is a good reason for it. I had plans to do a good Thanksgiving post but as I woke up that morning in preparations to cook, I had a strong pain in my chest when I coughed. I managed to make it through dinner but then things went down hill. Went to work on Friday and I was miserable. As I walked in the door from work, JUGM took my temperature and it was 103.1 so I was down for the count popping Tylenol and ibuprofen like tic-tacs to get my fever under control . As it seems, I was not the only one, NW was also sick. So up until Sunday morning, we were trying to get both our fevers under control but mine still was bad so we headed to the ER. Well it seems that we both had Pneumonia with me being worse than NW's. So after taking a week off to get better, I still have a dry cough but I am doing better. NW is fine as well with pretty much just a runny nose nose.. I do not wish pneumonia on any one as this is my first time ever having it. It sucks.
    During that time, I have thought of some posts to do and will get to them in the coming days. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving with family.

Senior

12 comments:

  1. Been there. Done that. Over a Thanksgiving holiday no less. 105 degree fever. The Queen thought I was going to die. That dry cough hung on for quite a while with me too. It sucks. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friday into Saturday was the worst for me. The fever just makes it worse, that's what I hate the most.

      Delete
  2. I hear you, the ER DR said I had the worse chest xray he had ever seen from a non smoker. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling much better. I feel lucky as I didn't get the same comment from the ER Doc, LMAO

      Delete
  3. I haven't had pneumonia since I was a kid, but have vivid memories of a few days spent in an oxygen tent. Get better soon, Senior. We need you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No oxygen tent here, just MEDS. Just wish I could get this cough under control, only have a few weeks left in Deer season.

      Delete
  4. Senior,

    Thank God you two are starting to feel better. Pneumonia is no fun, and can be severe. Slow down a little!!!
    Sending hugs and love to you, JUGM, and your boys.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are good now, at least I had some company with NW. JUGM did a good job taking care of us.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear that. This is a bad time of year for that kind of thing. One reason I am staying up here on the mountain during this cold snap is that bronchitis is going around our county really strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you. It seems that once someone picks up a bug, it gets passed real quick.

      Delete
  6. Glad y'all are okay. That is NOT something to play around with...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, as we were in the ER, there was a guy there who had the flu and he looked absolutely miserable, he kept running to the restroom to puke and as he was puking, we called called back ahead of him.

      Delete