Sunday, April 5, 2015

Enjoying Spring Break with the Boys

    Sorry for the lack of posts this past week, I have been enjoying some down time with the boys as this is the first time ever I have been able to share their spring break with them, glad I'm not one of those types who sit behind a computer and sell their pity for a dime while begging for sympathy from followers. So with hours waining away before they head back to school, we are taking in the opening day game on the couch with the Chicago Cubs hosting the St Louis Cardinals. Its great when you have kids that have something to do with you.

Senior

5 comments:

  1. My son was a big participant in dirt bike racing. I would take him to the sites then sit around someone's camp fire and drink coffee while the young guys raced. We had good times, and I know what you mean about sharing time together with your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have much interest from my dad as a kid since I lived with my mom and he wasn't really into sports. I did have a step dad who loved baseball too and he was there all the time. He drove me hard about baseball and I can blame his passing for the reason I did other things, mostly bad. I ride my kids hard about baseball, but when the day comes and the want to stop playing, I have told them they can but only going out at the end of the season or on a win. They also know they have others on their team counting on them. I bet your relationship with your son is real good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Senior,

    It's nice to hear you were able to spend time with the boys at a base ball game over spring break. Our kids grow up so darn fast, I cherish every moment possible with them. Give JUGM a big hug for me.
    Sending love to you and yours,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, It was an awesome week. Its hard to believe NW is almost 10, damn where has the time gone. We actually watched it on the couch, I wouldnt be caught dead in Illinois, too Anti-Gun!!!!

      Delete
  4. Nice! Enjoy the time with them, they grow up SO quickly!

    ReplyDelete