Saturday, October 25, 2014

Nice and relaxing weekend so far, airing some gear out, cooking some wings, and conferencing on a project.

    Today was a beautiful day here in the upstate of South Carolina. The sun was out in all its brightness, and the temps warmed up to a real nice 75 degrees here at the house. I have been wanting to do this for the past couple of weeks so today was the perfect day. I broke out the Cabelas 6-man geodesic tent and a smaller 2-man that I let the boys play in from time to time, to let them air out. After we were done setting them both up, I think they are getting in the mood for a camp out one night, so I think I will plan something out for them. So the boys and I locate the tents in the storage building and commence to setting it up.

From bag to this in 15 min (1 adult, 2 Kids)

35 min's total time (1 adult, kids quit)
    Once this one was setup, I let the boys put the smaller one together, with some guidance from me of course.




   So after they were done, they got in the tent and became camping kids. This is one of the best things to occupy their time. You should have heard some of the ideas they were generating. I, on the other hand decided to relax a bit in a hammock.


     I was just about out, when JUGM was calling for me, as she was about to head to town for some shopping, which meant fresh chicken wings from our local meat shop. After she left, I got out of the hammock and grabbed a chair and slid up next to the boys in the tent and had a good time chatting with them. Of course, later this afternoon, I like cooking, and I like chicken wings.

Yes, I know, I should be cooking them on the ground.
     This afternoon, I had a discussion via text with John over at MSO about a project I was working on. I am always looking for cost savings, as he is as well. Looks like we both will be doing our own versions of this product and trying them out with panel of judges. Stay tuned, hopefully I will receive all my materials this week and have them ready for next weekend. Not like this project is new, but I will publish my results in a future post.


     Well gonna sign off, SEC football is on and my team is playing. Stay safe, carry often, and don't ride public transportation with a bunch of sneezing riders.

  Senior


     



13 comments:

  1. Shipmate, it was a great day spending time with my boys. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is great out in Rural America that's for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is and I love it. I don't think I will ever be able to live in a city ever again.

      Delete
  3. Wings were awesome.. As evident by the empty bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, they were good. Wish I would have snapped a pic of an empty bowl. I look forward to cooking that fresh Boston butt you picked up today, tomorrow. Life is good in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Senior,

    Airing out the tents is something we need to do too.

    The kids always seem to love going on planned camping trips.

    Enjoy your weekend, and give JUGM and the boys a big hug.
    Your Friend,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use those tents as much as my Hennessey hammock, so it seems that I neglect them. I try my best to maintain my gear. I know the kids are itching to go camping, so we shall see in the next few weeks.

      Delete
  6. Looks like a nice time there in South Carolina. Most of my camping gear has gone up North, with my kids. Not that they camp, but if they have to get back down here I figure it might come in handy in stressful times. I try to keep them well supplied with bug out gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your a great father. Most fathers wouldn't even think about stuff like that, they are more concerned with yuppie stuff. I just hope they are maintaining the gear.

      Delete
  7. Happy kids, happy Senior. Works for me. Oh, and we'll be slow-roasting two chickens in the dutch oven today, too. Of course, it's 20 degrees with a freezing fog, here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopebyour chicken came out good, but you can keep the cold.

      Delete
  8. Senior - it sounds like life is real good! as a kid, we always loved setting up tents in the backyard and "camping out". we also went proper camping as well - it's awesome for kids! i am glad the kids are having fun, and super glad that you all are enjoying the "country". there is no way in h*ll i would ever live in a city again. sending much love to you, JUGM and the boys.

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete