Thursday, September 18, 2014

Life is just trucking along, and meeting new friends

    Well its been a few weeks since I have done a post, so I thought I would drop a quick post to let everyone know that I am still breathing, sorry no pictures in this one. As the title states, life is just trucking along. Work has been ok, except last Sunday when I got a tentative job offer with Department of the Navy at NAS Jacksonville. Yes, USAJOBS continues to be a pain in my ass. Here, I accept a job and move 5 hours away and after being here one month, I get a job offer for a job I applied for in March, yes March. It took them 6 months to find someone to fill that position. How F*$&#*G!!! ridiculous is that. Of course I thought I could make it work, and accepted the position, but after sitting down and looking at the logistical expenses of me living in Florida by myself and the the expense I would face and time away from the family, I rescinded my acceptance and told the HR guy. "If the decision was 3-4 months earlier this wouldn't be an issue". So life continues on.....

     Since I have been here in SC, I have been searching for a group of like-minded individuals that think like me and recognize that we are at a sad state in this country and think of self reliance and force protection principles to sustain us into the future, basically what I had in Florida with Stephen, Duke, and the others. This past Tuesday, I met with two gentleman, one (John) was at that past training event I attended, the other I have never met. I have kept in contact with him since the training and didn't realize he is a member of a group in my area. I met them at a eatery and had lunch with them. I guess you can say it was somewhat a "vetting" process, that's what I took from it. This afternoon, I received and email inviting me to their group meeting this Sunday afternoon. We'll see where this goes. The initial impression is that this group is made up of numerous backgrounds and skill-sets so it will be interesting to see how many members there are and how everyone personalities are. Will keep you posted.

      This afternoon, I had some roof repairs to do. Tuesday night we had some bad storms come though and dumped a S*(&)*&D! of rain on us and have a good leak. So this afternoon I was on the roof with a 3.5 gallon pail of Wet-Dry placing a new layer down around the chimney enclosure that my dad did years ago. I could tell its been awhile since it was last done as there were cracks in the previous layer and one specifically that had water in it. Of course, while I was up there, JUGM starts screaming, one of the chicks decided he was big and bold and took flight out of the make shift brooder. My natural reaction was what happened, but then I heard foul language coming out her mouth, of course directed at the chick, so I went back to what I was doing. So over dinner, I get a item added to my check list which consists of constructing a new brooder. It never ends here.

     Well I shall get back to watching T.V. Hope everyone has a great rest of your week.

Senior

12 comments:

  1. Senior,

    I'm sorry to hear about the job offer coming at the wrong time. Things will workout in the end, just keep trucking my friend.

    I hope the storms didn't cause any major damage? Silicone works great for leaks.....we used some in the past for cracks around a chimney edge.

    In the meantime, you have the honey do list to keep you busy :-)

    Hugs and love to you, JUGM, and the boys.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, I feel sometime that "Murphy's Law" is following me around. It seems like things like this happen all the time. Had a bad storm again last night, 6" of rain in 3 hours. More leaks.

      Delete
  2. Good to hear from you, Senior. I kept checking back, from time to time, in case my blogroll failed to notice you'd posted. :) Blogger's undependable like that...

    Understood about the job, too. Their timing sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, still here, I don't trust blogger either. When some bloggers comment, I get an email, but bothers I don't. I'm Murphy's best friend now....

      Delete
  3. I'm not totally sure where you're at in SC but there is a big group there somewhere. The dude that was one of the judges on Doomsday preppers is in it. Southern Prepper One is his YouTube channel. But I worry that he talks too much.

    Smaller is probably better. Its amazing how you can find a group so fast after moving into the area.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, this guy is not part of this group. Like you, I would steer toward a smaller unknown group.

      Delete
  4. Glad things are continuing to progress...

    ReplyDelete
  5. buddy - i'm just glad you guys are out of florida and living the dream. this group sounds very interesting and i hope it works out well. keep us informed with as much info as you can, OPSEC and all that and the group might not like to know that you are sharing ANY info about them here, which is understandable but if you can give us some very general info, that would be great. and now that you are at the estate, the "job's list" will always be there. much love to you, JUGM, the boys and the rest.

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its been an adjustment moving here and there always something to do here around the property, hell, you know, you and Jam have your hands full up there too.

      Delete
  6. I hope that works out with the new contacts. It would be a good break to find some like minded individuals so quickly after moving there.

    Too bad about the job in Jacksonville. Then again, maybe something closer to your current digs will turn up that's better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I get another offer like I did, I will jump on it.

      Delete