Friday, May 23, 2014

In the woods for some much needed R&R

   The school year has ended, baseball is one game away from turning the lights off until the fall, and work has really sucked the past few weeks. We made a trip to god's country for some much needed R&R for all of us. We all intend to sleep late, eat high fat country food that makes Moo'chelle vomit into BO's taxpayer funded dress shoes, and may even fire off a few rounds like those poor bastards in Europe only dream of. I only have Internet on my phone so I may try to do a post this weekend, maybe from my hammock, who knows. As you can see,the dogs have beat me to it.


Senior

10 comments:

  1. Everybody needs a break now and then. I am going to try to go to Tybee in June. Enjoy yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you go in down there and have some fun. It's nice to get away for a bit, and I'm sure you could use a break too.

      Delete
  2. Senior,

    A R&R well deserved!!!! Enjoy, and try not to ware out the hammock this weekend okay!!!! How's JUGM's sunflowers and onions doing?
    Sending hugs and love to you, JUGM, and the boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, let's just say that the sunflowers were topped off by the deer, onions are doing good and okra and bush beans are starting to come up.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your time away from the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you guys have a great weekend. Be careful in the holiday traffic. Yesterday, I had to take Papa Bear into town to pick up the Marines van that was in the shop. It was almost bumper to bumper of folks heading to the beach. I came close to being hit 4 times before getting out of the city. We were less than 2 miles from the house and a car was on Papa Bears side of the road on a curve. If either of them had been going just 5 mph more the Marine may have gotten a new van. I have never been so glad to get back home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 100% on the traffic, i knew SC would be terrible on I95, so at exit 3, we jumped off and took the back roads all the way up here. So what if it added 30 mins to the trip, but it was nice not dealing with idiots on the road and the scenery was much better. Passed a whole in the wall BBQ resturant near Bamberg that was all you can eat, the temptation was killing me.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy and have a chicken fried steak for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will, how ironic that you comment at the same time I commented on your last post. Very strange.....

      Delete