Saturday, September 28, 2013

Spent the day cooking

     As the title suggests, I put on my chef's hat, not combo cover and set out to cook some briskit today. I have cooked many in my life time and today was no different. Weather here has been good, a little breezy but the temps where awesome. First off my trusty friend, a bit weathered but nevers let me down, loaded up with lump charcoal.

 
 
    We managed to corral this beef strap at the commissary the other day, it was originally 15 lbs, but cut it in half and froze the other part for another day. JUGM put her rub on it and it was on.

 
 
     After 4.5 hrs on the smoker, the result.

 
 
     I also enjoy when I take a sharp meat cleaver and slice the briskit into savory slices for my family to enjoy.

 
 
    And with the help of a home-made baked macaroni and cheese made by JUGM, let's just say we all were "Full as a Ticks". Life was good today.
 
Senior



10 comments:

  1. That sure looks good. I bet it will make some tremendous sandwiches if there is any left over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is some left over and you are correct, there will be sandwiches made, maybe as early as today.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I see you eyeing the briskit through the computer, I know you to well.

      Delete
  3. Are you sure you don't live in Texas??
    The brisket looks inviting, and mac and cheese omg.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. No sandy, dont live in Texas, but you never know, I could end up there one day.

    ReplyDelete